Sheldon Jacobson write a recent OR/MS Today article about the two research videos he created to publicize OR. Mike Trick writes about it in his blog so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’ll send you his way. My daughter and I have brief cameos in the pediatric vaccine video (watch it here), where we play the roles of “vaccinated child” and “concerned mother.” No one was actually vaccinated in the production of the video. There is also an aviation security video (watch it here).
November 12, 2007
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Monday, November 12th, 2007 at 4:15 pm and tagged with podcast and video and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- RT @uwisye: @UWMadison's Center for Quick Response Manufacturing (#QRM) has demonstrated that manufacturers can #reshore production without… 3 hours ago
- Important research findings from @PKeskinocak 👏 twitter.com/aauniversities… 1 day ago
- I’m attending the #ACMNTW2022 workshop on optimization and machine learning at #Northwestern University. Great rese… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- I’m going to stay up all night to read these 101 articles published by @INFORMS’ 32 Nobel laureates 🏆 What a grea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- In honor of the @USWNT's landmark equal pay deal, here is the derivation of a win probability model using data from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- So proud of the @USWNT. For years they fought for equal pay and now they signed a landmark deal that will give them… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Tagsacademia analytics art aviation blogs cheese computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges health healthcare higher education holidays home homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness math programming mip MODA newspapers Olympics optimization OR in the news pandemic PhD phd support pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing risk communication sabbatical science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes supply chains teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies