Sheldon Jacobson write a recent OR/MS Today article about the two research videos he created to publicize OR. Mike Trick writes about it in his blog so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’ll send you his way. My daughter and I have brief cameos in the pediatric vaccine video (watch it here), where we play the roles of “vaccinated child” and “concerned mother.” No one was actually vaccinated in the production of the video. There is also an aviation security video (watch it here).
November 12, 2007
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Monday, November 12th, 2007 at 4:15 pm and tagged with podcast and video and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- Half-baked operations research: I forgot to post this one on 4/20! punkrockor.com/2010/11/11/hal… #orms 1 hour ago
- I successfully taught students to use whenisgood.net instead of doodle for scheduling group mtgs. So many… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
- I'm giving a talk about the future at a tech conference in two weeks. What should I talk about in addition to my research and #analytics? 1 day ago
- Equal but inequitable: Who benefits from gender-neutral tenure clock stopping policies? This is disheartening. twitter.com/hwitteman/stat… 1 day ago
- It's the end of the semester. I'm reviewing time management tips for teaching: punkrockor.com/2017/01/12/my-… https://t.co/KjUV8JgJAq 1 day ago
- I made a list of what will & will not be covered in the exam I'm giving tomorrow. It's somehow made things more confusing to students (1/2) 1 day ago
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem sewing slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies