Sheldon Jacobson write a recent OR/MS Today article about the two research videos he created to publicize OR. Mike Trick writes about it in his blog so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’ll send you his way. My daughter and I have brief cameos in the pediatric vaccine video (watch it here), where we play the roles of “vaccinated child” and “concerned mother.” No one was actually vaccinated in the production of the video. There is also an aviation security video (watch it here).
November 12, 2007
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Monday, November 12th, 2007 at 4:15 pm and tagged with podcast and video and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- "Data is never “just” data & to assert otherwise is to lend inherently political & interested decisions an unmerite… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 9 hours ago
- Interconnected technology is now an inescapable reality but who is it good for? Great read from @guardian #Tech #IoT theguardian.com/technology/201… 9 hours ago
- I wrote about opportunities for operations research at the National Science Foundation in #ORMS Today: informs.org/ORMS-Today/Pub… 1 day ago
- I'm in the Amsterdam airport using the free airport wifi to contact my senator to not vote on the #healthcarebill. This matters ✊️✊️✊️ 2 days ago
- I'm giving instagram a try for posting Punk Rock #orms pictures. I'm punkrockanalytics instagram.com/punkrockanalyt… 3 days ago
- This adorable wiener dog street sign in the Netherlands urges pedestrians & cyclists to take the safe route in a co… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies