Sheldon Jacobson write a recent OR/MS Today article about the two research videos he created to publicize OR. Mike Trick writes about it in his blog so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’ll send you his way. My daughter and I have brief cameos in the pediatric vaccine video (watch it here), where we play the roles of “vaccinated child” and “concerned mother.” No one was actually vaccinated in the production of the video. There is also an aviation security video (watch it here).
November 12, 2007
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Monday, November 12th, 2007 at 4:15 pm and tagged with podcast and video and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- This is a great summary of the takeaways from my #data #analytics talk 👇 twitter.com/ida_org/status… 1 day ago
- I had a wonderful time speaking with folks in government & defense about moving from #data to decisions using… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @Supernetworks: CONGRATULATIONS to the 2019 @INFORMS Fellows!!! Thanks to Dr. Shmuel Oren for emailing the great news. #orms is fabulous… 2 days ago
- Congrats to Dr. Pascale Carayon @carayonp, the Leon & Elizabeth Janssen Professor of Industrial & Systems Engineeri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Hiring @j_cole_smith as dean?🤔 Easiest decision ever ✅ I’m very happy for Cole and Syracuse 😊 twitter.com/j_cole_smith/s… 3 days ago
- Good news from the @UWMadEngr faculty & staff meeting: 26% of our undergraduate students & 29% of our freshman class are women 🙌 3 days ago
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies