January 24, 2008
use OR for good, not evil
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 24th, 2008 at 7:59 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- The One Travel Expense Report To Rule Them All twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/st… 11 hours ago
- RT @UWMadisonMedia: Will you win? @lauramclay from @UWMadison can talk odds of winning #Powerball. experts.news.wisc.edu https://t.co/d92… 1 day ago
- The #Powerball jackpot has grown to $422M. Here are some tips for how (not) to play the lottery from a nerd: punkrockor.com/2016/01/11/pow… #math 1 day ago
- This is an interesting example of emergency preparedness twitter.com/chicagotribune… 1 week ago
- RT @JFPuget: Overfitting In Mathematical Optimization ibm.com/developerworks… #orms #bigdata #analytics 1 week ago
- Good advice here: Go to talks, document everything, network, don't be a martyr twitter.com/drvinceknight/… 1 week ago
- RT @codeorg: 47 years ago today, software engineer Margaret Hamilton saved the Apollo 11 moon landing from aborting. #CSforAll https://t.co… 1 week ago
- It's 2016 and we don't really know what keeps bicycles upright & how they work. A fascinating article in @sciam: scientificamerican.com/article/the-bi… 1 week ago
- Links 20160621 | Eric Webb on Open problems & unsolved mysteries in operations research
- John E. on fitting three car seats in a Honda Civic: an exercise in decision-making under uncertainty
- David Smith on If a mathematical model is solved in a forest and a decision-maker is not around to see it, does it have any impact?
- kjytay on If a mathematical model is solved in a forest and a decision-maker is not around to see it, does it have any impact?
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays home homeland security humanitarian lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem sewing slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies