Yesterday, the Freakonomics blog referred to a parenting blog called the Game Theorist written by an economist and father. Check out a list of the most quantitative posts that apply probability, game theory, and other tools to parenting problems. A forthcoming book called Parentonomics is based on the Game Theorist’s blog. You can read a sample chapter about traveling with children. I was hoping for a linear programming model in the chapter, but alas, it was not very quantitative. Luckily, my little ones travel well–my three year old, newborn, and I took a flight last month that went about as well as expected. My oldest was covered in more than a few crumbs and the airline lost our stroller, but we managed not to annoy too many fellow travelers and go from point A to point B without any tears or tantrums. Yeah, I’m a glass-is-half-full kinda person.
March 20, 2008
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Thursday, March 20th, 2008 at 4:14 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- Correction: EIGHT (and counting) of my College of Engineering @UWMadEngr colleagues received @NSF CAREER awards thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- A new study that examined how children develop gender stereotypes in science finds that while kids 50 years ago alm… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- RT @uwisye: .@uwisye up one spot from #8 to #7!! twitter.com/UWMadison/stat… 6 hours ago
- Hey @UWMadEngr, tomorrow I'll be on a panel with Trina McMahon @quendi & Dan Klingenberg: “Breaking the Bias Habit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- There are no perfect brackets left. There were 28 perfect brackets up until the Virginia-UMBC game. But they all pi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @sciencewiscedu: Buckets, Brackets & Emergencies, O My! This week @WedNiteAtTheLab “Advanced Analytics for Emergency Response, Bracketo… 1 day ago
- Laura Albert on Pareto efficient nut butters that balance taste and affordability
- Elizabeth Viggiano on Pareto efficient nut butters that balance taste and affordability
- Cheer4OR on Pareto efficient nut butters that balance taste and affordability
- Dennis Hunter on Pareto efficient nut butters that balance taste and affordability
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies