Two days ago, Mike Trick wrote about how Florida International University is closing its Industrial and Systems Engineering department. Today, INFORMS made an official plea to help save OR at FIU, and they list several ways to help, including signing a petition.
June 5, 2008
save OR @ FIU
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 5th, 2008 at 7:42 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- “Myths and Counterexamples in Math Programming” by Harvey Greenberg et al. is worth reading:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Woah. #Blockbuater video stores have been open all this time. There is still one left. #BeKindRewind Confession: I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- How air conditioning conquered America: an interesting read about design, the built environment, and our infrastruc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @Supernetworks: I picked up my June issues of #ORMS Today and it is a cover to cover read with terrific articles on major achievements,… 5 days ago
- Congrats to the US Math Olympiad team! #IMO2018 #HoorayMath twitter.com/maanow/status/… 5 days ago
- I'm preparing for my first sabbatical in 2019-20. I'd like to spend some time in Europe. I want to collaborate on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies