Two days ago, Mike Trick wrote about how Florida International University is closing its Industrial and Systems Engineering department. Today, INFORMS made an official plea to help save OR at FIU, and they list several ways to help, including signing a petition.
June 5, 2008
save OR @ FIU
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 5th, 2008 at 7:42 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- I'm giving a talk about the future at a tech conference in two weeks. What should I talk about in addition to my research and #analytics? 35 minutes ago
- Equal but inequitable: Who benefits from gender-neutral tenure clock stopping policies? This is disheartening. twitter.com/hwitteman/stat… 43 minutes ago
- It's the end of the semester. I'm reviewing time management tips for teaching: punkrockor.com/2017/01/12/my-… https://t.co/KjUV8JgJAq 55 minutes ago
- I made a list of what will & will not be covered in the exam I'm giving tomorrow. It's somehow made things more confusing to students (1/2) 11 hours ago
- Sad news: the author of "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" has passed away. That book left a mark on me… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
- Pi is the loneliest number... #MathHumor https://t.co/eUG3KFw84J 19 hours ago
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem sewing slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies