A podcast featuring operations research appeared on “Maryland Morning,” a radio show on an NPR affiliate. The podcast highlighted a UPS project that optimized right turns. Ed Kaplan and Jack Levis were interviewed in the podcast. To find the show, scroll down to July 23.
July 31, 2008
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 at 2:15 am and tagged with podcast and video and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- RT @wjcook: Video recording of my IFORS Distinguished Lecture "The Traveling Salesman Problem: Postcards from the Edge of Impossibility" gi… 1 day ago
- Today I am officially a full professor! punkrockor.com/2019/08/19/tod… 2 days ago
- Tonight I’m unwinding with some wine, yoga, and Battlestar Galactica. 2 days ago
- 1. Take advantage of tutoring when needed. 2. Professors want you to succeed. Ask for help early and often. 3. Take… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Syllabus editing time. Step 1. Open the syllabus document on my computer. Step 2. Zoom in to at least 140%. Step… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- I am getting ready for my RED talk at @UWMadison entitled "All systems go: how engineers design complex systems" ab… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies