A podcast featuring operations research appeared on “Maryland Morning,” a radio show on an NPR affiliate. The podcast highlighted a UPS project that optimized right turns. Ed Kaplan and Jack Levis were interviewed in the podcast. To find the show, scroll down to July 23.
July 31, 2008
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 at 2:15 am and tagged with podcast and video and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- RT @DavidLKeating: Excellent op-ed just posted on FoxNews by @lauraalbertphd, urges #Masks requirements inside public buildings and transit… 35 minutes ago
- Opening the economy is not the problem — opening without a plan to control the risk is the problem: My OpEd was on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 53 minutes ago
- The economy can only be "open" if #COVID19 is contained. Thread. How do we know it is contained? We must have the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Contact tracing suggests that bars (not outdoor protests) are a major vector of #covid19 infections. We've learned… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- What Connecticut got right in its response to #COVID19: a risk management rundown from former @INFORMS President Ed… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- Emergency healthcare in the US faces a setback: Fear of seeking care in hospitals overwhelmed by the #covid19 pande… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays home homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization OR publications pandemic PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing risk communication sabbatical science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes supply chains teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies