A podcast featuring operations research appeared on “Maryland Morning,” a radio show on an NPR affiliate. The podcast highlighted a UPS project that optimized right turns. Ed Kaplan and Jack Levis were interviewed in the podcast. To find the show, scroll down to July 23.
July 31, 2008
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 at 2:15 am and tagged with podcast and video and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- The highlight of my day at #informs2021 today was seeing the @INFORMS Board recognize Mary Magrogan’s sustained lea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- “Better decision making for a just, prosperous, and sustainable world” #orms @INFORMS President Steve Graves high… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Exciting things are happening at the intersection of #orms and #AI. I’m excited to read this report. twitter.com/radhikasas/sta… 1 day ago
- I’m boarding my flight for @informs2021 sporting my @INFORMS t-shirt. I can’t wait to connect with the #orms commun… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- My running partner on last night’s run https://t.co/HLON8ObhBR 2 days ago
- I received a lovely diploma for my keynote talk at CSMIO last week. It was a wonderful conference with great attend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Tagsacademia analytics art aviation blogs cheese computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges health healthcare higher education holidays home homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness math programming mip MODA newspapers Olympics optimization OR in the news pandemic PhD phd support pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing risk communication sabbatical science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes supply chains teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies