INFORMS has announced the finalists for the 2009 Edelman Prize for achievement in operations research and the management sciences. I can’t wait to hear more about these projects. Details will follow soon, I presume.
- Norske Skog, for Norske Skog benefits as O.R. plays a ‘pivotal’ role in the battle for improved profitability
- CSX Railway, for CSX Railway Cashes in on Optimized Equipment Distribution
- Marriott International, for Group Pricing Optimizer
- IBM, for Analytics-Driven Solutions for Increased Sales Force Productivity
- Zara, for Zara Uses Operations Research to Reengineer Its Global Distribution Process
- HP, for Analytics for Product Portfolio Management