A few links for weekend reading that may or may not have anything to do with operations research:
- The University of Iowa’s enrollment forecasting algorithm was not accurate this year
- The limits of policy analysis: Megan McArdle’s take on being humble when making forecasts and predictions.
- xkcd on university web sites: what they have vs. what people are looking for
- Was there a Canseco effect?: A Sabermetrics analysis
- Hell no, I 80% won’t pay for twitter!: Roger Ebert’s twitter survey results