I decided to sew a quick Advent calendar earlier in December to ration candy consumption in the house. Advent calendars have 24 pockets/doors/hooks/etc. for accessing Christmas treats (I prefer chocolate). I sewed my Advent with five colors of felt. When I was done, I looked at it and immediately thought that I should have added a 25th pocket, arranged the squares in a five-by-five grid, and assigned the colors according to a Latin square. Oh well. That is a project for another year.
December 22, 2010
not a Latin square
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 at 12:54 pm and tagged with holidays and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- Protip: put more comments in your code. 1 day ago
- My @UWMadison colleagues do some pretty amazing research. Here is a roundup of news stories from 2019 that feature… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 2019 capped off the world’s hottest decade in recorded history twitter.com/jeffgoodell/st… 2 days ago
- I didn't always like the books, but they helped me learn to think and built character. I'm grateful for good high s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @JeremyAbramson: In addition to sports, I also am recruiting undergrads for summer paid research internships in #cyber/#infosec/#OSINT -… 2 days ago
- Congrats to @BadgerFootball on another great season! 🏈 The season had its ups and downs, and I'm happy to say you f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Crazy Clean Cheap Asians // Crazy Christine Comments // Call (for) Colloquium – Soft Rock OR. Inclusive OR. Not exclusive OR! on When should a football team attempt a two point conversion instead of an extra point? A dynamic programming approach.
- Crazy Clean Cheap Asians // Crazy Christine Comments // Call (for) Colloquium – Soft Rock OR. Inclusive OR. Not exclusive OR! on snowblowing is NP-complete
- Laura Albert on When should a football team attempt a two point conversion instead of an extra point? A dynamic programming approach.
- Luis Duran on When should a football team attempt a two point conversion instead of an extra point? A dynamic programming approach.
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization ORMS blog-off OR publications PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing recipe risk communication science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies