Three weeks ago, Hurricane Irene hit the North Carolina and Virginia coast. Although Hurricane Irene was quickly demoted to a tropical storm, the rain and wind caused massive power outages in the Richmond area. Most of the power outages and road closures were caused by trees that were uprooted during the storm (all of the power lines in the area are wbove ground, and it is very wooded in the area). Here are a few pictures that I took after the storm.
September 22, 2011
pictures of the carnage at the hands of Hurricane Irene
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 at 8:10 am and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- Nothing Gold Can Stay BY ROBERT FROST Nature’s first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf’s a fl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Working from home with a family has it's ups and downs. Today's interruptions: - a wonderful breakfast and lunch wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Bad policy has bad consequences. One of the not-so-surprising outcomes of travel bans is Americans stranded abroad.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- This year's Fulbright Germany program was canceled due to #COVID19. Today I signed and submitted a form terminating… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Auf wiedersehen Wisconsin, Hallo Deutschland! A #PunkRockOR blog post about my first couple of weeks in my now-canc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #PPE Wisconsin received from strategic national stockpile: 105,000 N95 masks 260,000 surgical masks 48,000 face s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Les Servi on Travel Bans Can’t Stop this Pandemic
- Robyn on why my cookies turned green: a post on chemistry
- Crazy Clean Cheap Asians // Crazy Christine Comments // Call (for) Colloquium – Soft Rock OR. Inclusive OR. Not exclusive OR! on When should a football team attempt a two point conversion instead of an extra point? A dynamic programming approach.
- Crazy Clean Cheap Asians // Crazy Christine Comments // Call (for) Colloquium – Soft Rock OR. Inclusive OR. Not exclusive OR! on snowblowing is NP-complete
Tagsanalytics art aviation blogs cheese coloring computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges graph theory health healthcare higher education holidays homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness marketing math programming mip MODA Olympics optimization OR publications pandemic PhD phd student advice pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing risk communication sabbatical science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes stopping problems teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies