Here are a few links for your weekend reading:
- Detecting fraud in chess is a difficult endeavor. For more, see this article in the NY Times.
- The Fiscal Cliff and the Prisoner’s Dilemma
- Gandalf’s problem solving strategy in flowchart form
- I may finally write a novel now that there is an algorithm to do it for me
- Five lessons learned by a mathematical who spent a year on Capitol Hill as an American Mathematical Society Congressional Fellow [pdf]
- Paul Rubin takes on modeling criteria in the real-world, including data quality and “mission creep”
- Don’t go to Business school (unless you get into a top program) – an article about the risks and rewards of B-school