Here are a few links for your weekend reading.
- Wealthy Los Angeles K12 school vaccination rates are as low as Sudan’s. We have a paradox: higher overall vaccination rates and higher vulnerability due to risk caused by social networks choosing not to vaccinate.
- A few OR/Stat bloggers have written about FiveThirtyEight and data journalism recently. I like Michael Lopez’s (@StatsByLopez) blog post on where FiveThirtyEight stands after six months and Nathan Brixius’s take on FiveThirtyEight’s burrito challenge.
- The sad, gradual decline of the fade-out in popular music.
- Athene Donald on imposter syndrome and everyone feeling like an imposter sometime.
- I want to try code reviews in lab meetings.