Here are a few links for your weekend reading:
- I’ve used the Monty Hall Problem in class. I didn’t realize agreeing on the correct solution was so controversial.
- Leonard Nimoy’s portrayal of Spock “in many ways co-created, helped define geek/nerd personality and interests for millions of future geeks” So true.
- Sports analytics is great and all that, but there is a serious lack of data in women’s sports.
- Five class Atari games that totally stump google’s artificial intelligence algorithm (like Asteroids!)
- The math behind getting all that damn snow off your street.
- Han Solo shot first: the surprising significance of past tense, present tense, and Wikipedia.
- A sobering Los Angeles Times article about why women are leaving the tech industry in droves (hint: it’s a hostile work environment)