Here are a few things I am reading:
- How an economist helped patients find the right kidney donors: an NPR article about Nobel Laureate Al Roth’s work in matching markets
- The unreasonable effectiveness of Random Forests.
- Anna Nagurney’s post on why she has fallen in love with Sweden.
- What it’s like as a “girl” in the lab: from the New York Times.
- Math-inspired art from Wired includes Bob Bosch’s TSP art
- Make craftier engineers: Why students should learn to sew in STEM classes
- Yes, androids dream of electric sheep – a Guardian article about how Google set up a feedback look in its image classification algorithms
Left: Original painting by Georges Seurat. Right: processed images by Matthew McNaughton, Software Engineer
Leave a Reply