- How long would it take for vampires to annihilate the world? 165 to 50 years, somewhere in that range.
- UPS’s Jack Levis on saving time, money, and gas with analytics [YouTube]
- More on math and the myth of the myth of the hot hand by UW-Madison’s Jordan Ellenberg
- Anna Nagurney looks forward to INFORMS 2015 and congratulates the student chapter award winners.
- Heading to the INFORMS Annual Meeting? You can view the conference program here.
- What if your self-driving car decides to sacrifice you to save others? The robot uprising will have a few disadvantages.
- New general purpose optimization algorithm based on cutting planes promises order-of-magnitude speedups on some problems. See the video lecture here.
- Joe Biden and Paul Ryan: an unlikely alliance of working fathers. We need to include dads in work life balance conversations.
- Where are all the OR professionals hiding?