- This science article about models of reality by Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & the City is brilliant. “All models are wrong, but some are useful.”
- Mona Chalabi at FiveThirtyEight asks if the express line at the grocery store is really the fastest, examines queuing theory and the psychology of queuing. Fantastic!
- WIRED on perfect graphs, cliques, coloring books, and wedding guest table assignments.
- Ted Koppel appeared on The Diane Rehm Show on NPR to talk about the power grid, homeland security, and network interdiction [podcast]
- The lady loves statistics: an exercise to find the best chocolate to eat after swimming/not sweimming using classification and clustering methods
- Make your own domino artwork based on Bob Bosch’s optimization art models on the NEOS server! Mine is below.