Here are a few links for your enjoyment:
- Does a five year old need to learn how to code?
- A mathematician uses statistics to predict the next Game of Thrones death.
- Why academics stink at writing.
- An operations researcher argues that airports should screen for Ebola the same way it screens for terrorists (nice job Sheldon Jacobson!). He was also interviewed on MSNBC.
- How diversity makes us smarter
- Article on why women should learn to love criticism. HT @katemath. “76 percent of the negative feedback given to women included some kind of personality criticism, such as comments that the woman was ‘abrasive,’ ‘judgmental’ or ‘strident.’ Only 2 percent of men’s critical reviews included negative personality comments.” Discuss.
- Are you a satisficer or a maximizer?