I casually constructed a list of New Year’s resolutions for 2018:
- Unsubscribe, don’t just delete academic spam emails.
- Blog more frequently, especially about my research.
- Say no more often to carve out more time for research that is free from email, twitter, and other distractions.
- Write and edit my writing every day, even if only for a few minutes.
- Read popular science/tech books for fun.
- Run a marathon and qualify for Boston.
I must confess that I’ve already failed miserably on #3a and said yes to something, but I am making time for research today (#3b) so I’ll count that as progress. I’ve also completed every other item on the list today except for #6. The challenge will be to sustain my effort toward these goals.
What are your resolutions?