I’m honored to step into the department chair role. As of July 1, 2021, I have been the David H. Gustafson Chair of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Below is an article about this transition and the next chapter in my professional journey. I am grateful to follow in the footsteps of Jeff Linderoth and Vicki Bier before that.
July 23, 2021
the next chapter as department chair
By Laura Albert
This entry was posted on Friday, July 23rd, 2021 at 9:41 am and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search Punk Rock OR:
- The role of operations research in #HIV prevention: needle exchanges and more #WorldAIDSDay #ORMS punkrockor.com/2016/02/08/the… 4 hours ago
- RT @StatsbyLopez: NFL Summer Internships are posted. We are once again looking for grad school folks interested in football data and analyt… 17 hours ago
- RT @INFORMS: The first two INFORMS Journal on Data Science articles were published! Visualization in Operations Management Research: https… 22 hours ago
- RT @BadgerBrackets: Teams that could make the #CFBPlayoff based on #BadgerBracketology's forecasts: Georgia Cincinnati Michigan Oklahoma S… 1 day ago
- RT @BadgerBrackets: #NCAAF rankings from #BadgerBracketology: 1 Georgia 2 Michigan 3 Alabama 4 Cincinnati 5 Oklahoma St 6 Notre Dame 7 Ohi… 1 day ago
- RT @uwisye: This is worth watching. If you weren't able to join us last week for guest speaker (and superstar @UWMadEngr alumna) Michelle… 1 day ago
Tagsacademia analytics art aviation blogs cheese computing conferences cooking coupons criminal justice data decision analysis disasters education elections emergencies environmentalism & natural living finance football analytics grand challenges health healthcare higher education holidays home homeland security humanitarian invited talks lightning lottery march madness math programming mip MODA newspapers Olympics optimization OR in the news pandemic PhD phd support pirates podcast and video Poisson politics probability public policy publishing queuing risk communication sabbatical science communication science fair secretary problem slidecasts social justice social networking sports star wars stochastic processes supply chains teaching teaching with technology traffic Transportation TSP twitter vampires weather werewolves women work-life balance writing zombies