I did pretty well with the New Year’s resolutions I made last year.
My New Year’s resolutions this year are:
- Unsubscribe, don’t just delete academic spam emails
- Blog more frequently about my research.
- Continue to say no more often to carve out more time for research that is free from email, twitter, and other distractions.
- Write and edit my writing every day, even if only for a few minutes (I did really well at this last year and need to keep the momentum).
- Cook meals from scratch more often.
- Run the Boston marathon! Last year’s resolution was to qualify and I achieved this goal 🙂
Last year, one of my goals was to read more popular science books. I read
- The Death and Life of the Great Lakes
- I Contain Multitudes
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
- Why We Sleep
- Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance (my favorite from the year)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
- Forgetfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World–and Why Things Are Better Than You Think (my second favorite)
A couple of Punk Rock OR posts deal with setting goals and establishing good habits.
I’ve received a lot of positive feedback on my recent blog post about achieving work life balance.
Leave a Reply