Here is what I’ve been reading about forecasting and COVID-19:
- Nature has a nice article on forecasting: The simulations driving the world’s response to COVID-19
- The Kaiser Family Foundation has a nice introduction to forecasting models for epidemiology: COVID-19 Models: Can They Tell Us What We Want to Know?
- Fotios Petropoulos and Spyros Makridakis published an article in PLOS ONE entitled Forecasting the novel coronavirus COVID-19
- The mathematics of predicting the course of the coronavirus from Wired
- Why it’s so hard to see into the future of Covid-19: human behavior from Vox
- FiveThirtyEight on Why it’s so freaking hard to make a good COVID-19 model
- Finally, science writer Ed Yong has written a few articles about COVID-19 for The Atlantic that focus on the future, including How the pandemic will end based on what we know from other related viruses, Our Pandemic Summer, and Why the Coronavirus is so Confusing