It’s a new year, and I’m reflecting on 2022 and looking forward to 2023. Today is my first day as INFORMS President, and that will be a major responsibility in the coming year. I’m excited and ready for the challenge.
I made a list of resolutions for 2023.
New Year’s resolutions in 2023
- Do physical therapy every morning.
- Improve my ability to delegate and manage situations when others delegate up.
- Take advantage of public outreach opportunities in new formats for me.
- Write and edit my writing every day, even if only for a few minutes.
- Eat more leafy green vegetables.
- Take up a musical hobby. I have been taking Irish dance lessons on zoom since the pandemic, and that came to an end in December. I’m ready for something new.
I reread my post on what queueing theory taught me about work life balance, which reminded me of the importance to take a few minutes for myself every day.